Wednesday, September 19, 2007

MDG/COA question.

I believe that most people care about themselves. We all want things, and make ways to get them, sometimes no matter what the cost. We like to do what will please ourselves, without thinking how it effects others. For example, in The Most Dangerous Game, Rainsford at first believes that hunting is just a game, and that animals don't feel or have a conscience. In The Cask of Amontillado, Montresor thinks Fortunato is making fun of his family, and seeks revenge without considering that Fortunato could be joking or actually not making fun of his family. Another example of selfishness would be in The Most Dangerous Game, where General Zaroff's addiction to hunting. He is so addicted he has hunted every other creature there is to hunt, and has moved on to a more "challenging or amusing" victim to hunt, humans. He doesn't consider they're feelings or well being.

I believe that most people care about themselves a lot, but try and be a "good" person or actually go through an experience to help them learn about others' feelings and well being. A real life example of this would be when I was little. Because I am really short and small, sometimes bigger older kids would try and bully me around at the park, but my big brother would always fight them off. Now, I am older and I'm thankful I still have him around to help me, but if I see someone picking on a friend of mine or an innocent person, I will stand up for them because they can't. I know how it feels to be pushed around, and most times I will let it go, depending on my mood. Sometimes I will let it go, but sometimes I will really throw it back in your face. But even so, I feel bad after for the other person.

No comments: